How to wear N95 or KN95 masks
- Wash your hands well before putting on your mask.
- Unfold the mask. Cup the mask in one hand and place it over your mouth and nose. Place the mask in the palm of your hand so that the straps face the floor. Set it over your nose and mouth with the nosepiece fitting over the bridge of your nose. The bottom should go just under your chin.
- The elastic ear loop should fit behind your ears.
- Mold the nose piece around the bridge of your nose. Set your first 2 fingertips on either side of the metal nose clip at the top of your mask. Run your fingers down both sides of the strip, molding it along the bridge of your nose.
- Checking the seal. Breathe through the mask and test for leaks. Set both hands against the mask and take a breath to make sure that it seals against your face. Then exhale, feeling for any leakage from the nosepiece or around the edges. If you feel air leaking from the nose area, re-mold the nosepiece. If it’s coming from the edges of the mask, adjust the placement of the straps on the sides of your head.
- Removing the mask. Without touching the front of the mask, pull the either side of the ear loop off, hold only the ear loop of the mask to throw it away.
How to wear surgical mask
- Hold ear loop mask with blue side facing out and nose pieces up.
- Place mask over nose and mouth and place the ear loop around each ear.
- Pull the bottom of the mask under the chin and mold the nose piece around the nose.
- Removing the mask by remove the ear loop. Do not touch the front of the mask. Single use only. Discard the mask after use.